Saturday, March 24, 2007

My Set up Part 5: Writing, Projects and Todos

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using office or similar software (like the open source and free openoffice) on your home pc. However, in order to access my documents anywhere and in order to colaborate in real(ish) time I decided to start using an online service.

I used to use zohowriter -which is actually reviewed higher then google docs and whose format I prefered- but switched because google docs is more convient (not as much sign in sign out, being able to see access content from a centralized location ect). I use google docs and google notebook to keep track of the projects I am working on and my next actions/todos respectively (For instance, I use a couple of Master Google Documents to coordinate wedding planning with my fiance). Google docs can't handle heavy formatting, like exporting to pdf. For such I use openoffice at home. Google documents does load really quickly (much faster then office) and can usually get the job done.

No comments:

Labels